Move Power with Power.
The precision of our aircraft, the skill of our pilots and crew, and our experience in the energy industry make Erickson the world leader in AIR CRANE® heavy-lift operations that support power transmission and infrastructure projects. Our signature S-64 helicopter has a rated lift capacity of up to 25,000 pounds (11,340 kilograms) and a unique aft-facing pilot station that allows us to develop a transmission line construction system that is cost-competitive with conventional methods.
This system offers major benefits to contractors:
- Strategically located—Our central assembly yards minimize labor travel time and other inefficiencies and allow foremen to closely supervise tower assembly.
- Precise tower erection scheduling—We have the flexibility to change course at a moment’s notice.
- Speed—We’re able to set towers in place quickly.
- Access—We can deliver to remote and mountainous terrain which is inaccessible to ground-based vehicles.
- Cost—Our bids are often surprisingly cost efficient.
Erickson Inc. Powerline Construction brochure (Click to download PDF)