A culture of safety is a culture of success.
Safety and Quality go hand in hand. Erickson has implemented robust Safety and Quality Management Systems that provide the policies and procedures for ensuring that the highest standards in the industry are met. Erickson has enrolled in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Safety Management System (SMS) Voluntary Program and works directly with the FAA to maintain an SMS that meets or exceeds international standards. Erickson also maintains strict adherence to its ISO9001 Quality Management System (QMS) and AS9100 Business Management System (BMS). The Safety and Quality Management Systems function in parallel to confirm our commitment to safe and reliable products and services to our customers.
Erickson fosters a just safety culture throughout the organization. This means that no employee will be reprimanded for identifying and reporting an unsafe condition. ALL employees have stop-work authority. Erickson manages the safety of every aspect of the organization through risk management. Erickson actively seeks out the identification of hazards, assesses the associated risks, and implements mitigation to bring the risks to a level as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP). Erickson employees, customers, and vendors are encouraged at any time to report hazards to www.ericksonsafety.com.
Erickson Incorporated Safety Policy
It is our priority to ensure the safety of each of our passengers and employees. We recognize our obligation to ensure the safest possible passenger experience and employee work place. It is essential to our success. Production and performance is and must continue to be balanced by adherence to passenger safety and safe work practices. Our commitment is to foster and support a proactive and just safety culture that identifies risks to our aviation operation and workplace, which then proactively addresses these risks before they become injuries, incidents, or accidents. We will assume no unnecessary risk to our business.
In addition to the objectives above:
- Our ultimate goal is to achieve an accident-free, loss-free environment for our passengers and employees. All employees are responsible for establishing the highest levels of safety and security for our aviation operations and workplace;
- The Senior Leadership Team will monitor our key safety performance indicators to ensure our safety and security objectives are met by the Business Unit Leaders, Directors, Managers, and front-line employees;
- All employees, from corporate leadership to front-line employees, are responsible for compliance with all government safety regulations and guidelines, in additional to all company policies and procedures;
- Our team is committed to evaluating and implementing practical administrative, engineering and process controls to ensure a safe work place and product. Additionally, Erickson is committed to providing the necessary resources to support the Safety Management System;
- In order to proactively address risks to the organization; it is our commitment to establish and promote safety reporting processes that allow all employees to report any condition, openly or anonymously, any action or process which adversely affects the safety and security of our operations, passengers or employees;
- To ensure a just and proactive reporting culture, it is pledged that no disciplinary action will be taken against any employee for reporting a safety or security occurrence or hazard except in in cases of willful violation or intentional disregard of regulations, guidelines, or company procedures, or when a criminal act has been committed;
- The Vice President of Safety and Operational Compliance is responsible for development, operation, and quality control of the Erickson Safety Management System. The CEO is the Accountable Executive in all matters of Safety.
Erickson Incorporated Quality Policy
Erickson is committed to providing high-quality, cost-effective, and on-time products and services that exceed our customers’ expectations. We will increase our value to our customers through a focus on continuously improving our processes.
In order to accomplish this:
- All employees are responsible for maintaining the highest levels of quality for our aviation operations and workplaces, no matter the location on the globe;
- The Senior Leadership Team will ensure that the necessary resources are available to internally monitor and evaluate compliance with company policies and procedures, customer requirements, and regulatory limitations;
- External evaluations will be welcome opportunities for improvement. All issues raised during an external evaluation of an Erickson Business Unit, department, or operating location will be addressed by the respective accountable manager;
- Erickson has established and will continue to maintain Quality Management System(s) that will allow management to perform process improvements on the key administrative and product processes that provide tangible value to internal and external customers;
- Leadership at all levels shall develop and maintain a highly skilled professional workforce. Every employee shall be knowledgeable of and promote maintaining and improving world-class business and quality processes;
- Management shall establish, maintain and improve employee knowledge and compliance to environmental, health and safety requirements as well as all company policies and procedures.
- The Vice President of Safety and Operational Compliance is responsible for development, operation, and quality control of the Erickson Quality Management System(s) and is the Accountable Executive in all matters of quality.